sabato 12 settembre 2015

Showcase: Dark Eldar Raider

Hi to all of you, DGD readers! I hope that Our twisted army is growing!
Anyway, you have already seen a pair of my favourite miniatures, my beloved Dark Eldar here.
Today, I'll show my first veicle (ever!!) of The Kabal of The Astonishing Void.
It was a pain to do without an airbrush (I want one, but I do not want one hehehehe) and some parts are not finished because sometimes, when a miniature starts to bore me, I take a pause and then I finish it when the desire reappears.
I use this politics also to the whole hobby: sometimes I paint day by day, then I stop from a bit (till now, pauses from 1 day to 15 years happen!!!).
However, voilà my Dark Eldar Raider.

DGD Levels:
Dark: 4/5
Gory:2/5
Dirty:0/5



As you can see there are a pair of conversions and kitbash.
I do not use the "blind helmet" on troops on foot because it is for me the helmet for riders, so it is like a biker walking with his helmet in.
I used one of the hand of the rider on a Kabalite warrior (you can see in the link above): it is perfect to keep a severed head with its fingers into the eye socket so I decided to give to the rider a gun, picturing that he rides the Raider and shoots nonchalantly.

The body of the shooter is perfect for a quiet and threatening pose (used also it in the Kabalite in the link above). So I used a body of the crew and I create an handhold (gory handhold logically) and I use a guitar string to connect the "joystick" to the Dark Lance. I like that pose, it is quiet and arrogant, he seems he is thinking "well lets shoot that annoying bulky coarse Marine because I can and I've nothing better to do".

I decided to not put the crew because someone of them becomes a regular Kabalite and I do not want to change the beautiful line of the Raider.

What do you think?

Next post is going to be a tutorial worthy of this blog!

4 commenti:

  1. Stunning Raider. The body is just brilliant. I love the way it shimmers.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Greg! Thank a lot!
    Do you remember your advice about the Bloodsecrator? Well more or less the idea that you give me is the one on this Raider (this sentence is to understand if I had understood).
    I've tried onto a miniature similar to the bloodsecry (I can't tell which one because the results is going to be one of the next post probably ehehe) but the red (colour choosen to give that effect) create a bit of mess, so I decided to do not use that techique (other colours I think give a too much happy results, you know what I mean if you comment in this blog!).
    Thank although and I hope you'll continue to comment and suggest advices and idea (hoping to give you and everybody who's reading the same things).

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes I do! The bluish tones mixed in with the metallics really gives the raider some serious pop. A whole fleet of these would look so amazing!

      Elimina
    2. That's the idea!!! I'Ve only to decide to do it till now I got only few troops!

      Elimina