lunedì 21 settembre 2015

Showcase: Kabal of the Astonishing Void (wip)

Hi to everybody!
 Today I'll show my Kabal, the kabal ok the Astonishing Void.  as you can see it is a wip, because I add miniatures to this Project  slowly. You can also see that there is a Small evolution in the painting scheme  -the last miniatures are more blueish-.
As already say, the resarch of a satifying painting scheme has been very painful -something like 3-4 painting scheme - but luckily I've a very effective method to removed colour from plastic and so none kabalite has been trashed. I think that the best way to choose an army is to look at the common troops: if they are beautiful  you should choose that army because more or less the common troops are the most present in your army  and also they give the the feeling of that Race : if also some special troops are cool for you it is you army!!!! I love kabalite warriors and I think that dark eldar are one of the most loved Race by GW -miniatures , rules I do not know -: the models are superb IMHO.
 Well here the Kabal. When I'll have some hours I'll write some background!





The second on the left is going to have a banner.

These two units count as Trueborn. I like to give small differences to units to distinguish them subtly.
 
Ok I must finish this units! I've bought them for the knives etc. but I do not waste miniatures so I decided to paint them slowly with homemade arms. It is difficult that I have more than two Project, generally I finish one before buy other minis : it is very hard!!!!
The Incubus are a shame-sorry - . When I bought them I did not know the GW policy "failcast= change" and I kept a very failcast unit: some of my favourite minis became a nightmare.  The Klaivex's head is not the original because his was extremely ruined.
Very demotivated I rather finished them -but They are a part of my army so here the pic-.Waiting for the plastic ones mummy GW!
I love the plastic Archon but I was not a fan of the bare head: I'd like to have a helmet so I created one different from all other : he is am archon he cannot stand to have the same helmet of hus troops!
I did not like also the pharaoh pose  (why Mommy GW, why????) so I did a little kitbash. Already not convinced because two I like two parallel arms also but I prefere that weird sword  than a more regular one. Also for the head I'm not convinced .
What do you think?

7 commenti:

  1. Very gorgeous army coming along! Never worry about scheme slowly changing over time, it will happen no matter who you are, because repetition makes you better at what you are doing, so the last models will always look better then the first regardless :). I actually like the bare headed archon, because of how he is looking out onto the field of battle.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Thank very much Greg!
    You are right but sometimes I think that I must re-paint the whole -small- army (luckily it is only an idea!)!
    Ok let's accept the challenge, when I'm going to paint him I'll use the bare head -but first I must finish all the AOS things, the Wyches and I've literally tons of my favourite guys to paint (stay tuned for the next monthly disgusting tutorial probably): this is the plan... but you know, for example I must finish bloodreavers and I'm painting ..surprise ahah- .
    The pose I'm indeed undecided!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I agree on the pose...it's just weird. Is he on his tip toes? Why is he on his tip toes? You definitely fixed it by changing the arms, but its still odd how he is standing like that. Maybe you could bury his feet in skulls, so it looks like he is walking or standing in skulls of his enemies (or do some nice gore to break up the tip toes from his enemies on the bottom). That might make you happier with the pose somewhat.

      Elimina
  3. Probably he does not want to soil his brand new shoes!!! I'm not too much afraid by the foot (not till now that you say that, now it seems to me that he is trying to flee from mice!!) but pharaoh pose is quite embarassing and conversely I like the bone sword.
    I'm not enought daredevil to cut the blade and paste it to a regular arm but maybe I can cut the whole forearm and paste it to a decent arm (luckily Dark Eldar upper left arms are more or less always the same).

    RispondiElimina